Thursday, May 22, 2008

Misc Things

Seems I'm never at a loss of what to blog about and often times i skip over ideas, to share what's happening right now or front and center in my mind. Therefore, I'm going to share a variety of little things that have been going on b/c I'm not sure I'll ever get back to dedicating an entire blog. Here it goes:
First the calf story. Ends up it WASN'T our calf! I KNEW it!! it was the neighbors and they called last night wondering if we'd seen it. Sure did! I said they can't get it back till I tell them what i went thru with that thing. No wonder it licked my leg and had no idea where the gate was for him to go in.

I got another project done about a week ago. I took chalkboard paint and painted my door. Boy it didn't go well at all!! It was like painting with pudding. Here is a picture before:
and after just one coat and actually it looked the same after 5 coats (DH said what have you done to the door?? I said oh don't worry it'll turn out):

and completed. I'm not even sure how many coats it took to get this, at least 10. I should have primed the door first. Oh well I'll know better for next time b/c I'm doing this more. I'll buy old wood or something that can be hung, when doing it again.

It no longer says this, instead it is our 'to do' list. Like for DH i have written: Chain saw, weed killer and i can't remember the last thing. For me I have church prayer chain!! Goll darn i NEED to get that done too!!

Then on the farming side. DH will be getting to his post about corn for ethanol vs the food prices as soon as planting is over. Which should be any day however it has decided to rain for the next FOUR days. I'm sure this last 40 acres or less, will take forever to get done. But none the less here's some pictures of him/us planting. This was right outside our house so the 4 of us all road a couple rounds. I had to eventually get out b/c my arse was killing me!
Took this from upstairs the bathroom window. DH and C'man both out there putting corn in the planter.
DH putting corn in. See the black clouds??
These bags of corn are $110/bag. I had no idea. I started picking up all the pieces of corn that had fallen. DH was like don't do that!
C'man got a hold of the camera here!! Note dark clouds!
C'man and DH coming to pick A and I up for a ride!

More shots from the eyes of a 3 1/2 yr old:






Those clouds i told you to note?? Well this is what came of that.


The wind picked up and it got down right nasty out. They say it typically hails before a tornado and i would have been worried about that accept the weather people said little to no threat of tornado's. Well i turn on the news that night to find out those ominous clouds where were watching and you can see above?? they had produced a funnel cloud!
These really are not that good of a picture b/c the deck was covered but i couldn't open the door or want to stay close to windows any longer.
DH decided to use my van as the seed hauler and had left it out in the hail too!! Here it is tho with the $120 bags of corn. I have no idea how much one bag plants but i know there are TONS of bags blowing around here!

Then the kids. Thanks for the emails and comments from Miss A. I have an appt Wednesday with Dr Miller. I'm fairly sure it's her teeth plus a cold. I have a cold now and Tuesday (what day is today anyway??) I felt just miserable. throat and ears hurt so if she had what i did that would explain why she's been so cross. Wednesday can not get here soon enough!

We have a pet frog this year. Actually it's a tree frog and it's been living on our deck for about a week?? I heard this weird noise when I'd sit out there and finally found the source of it. Here he is:
I'm quite freaked out by it, not like i am about snakes, but I want c'man to touch it and he wants me to touch it. HECK NO!! I used a stick yesterday and the thing jumped and clung to the siding of the house. I screamed!! no wonder he won't touch it. He's been trying to convince Miss A to touch it LOL!! We had a couple of these late last summer and my dad was so fascinated with it. They change colors according to there surroundings and they can cling to about anything. Still ewwy for me!!
I got stung last night by something. Probably a wasp b/c they are everywhere. A blanket had fallen off the deck and C'man handed it to me. I scrunched it up in my arms and dam it got stung. It hurt really bad and not knowing if you could have a reaction I was a little freakish. I'm here, obviously i didn't have a reaction. My arm swelled and still is tender to touch.
We are enjoying our deck this Spring when it's not so freakin windy out. We like to eat lunch/supper out there. Here we are!!




oh the kittens!! Still here. Only 3 now. One is gone, no idea where it is but I'm sure it starved to death somewhere. Poor baby. Momma moves them after we've been messing with them, especially if c'man is. The other day he had rocks in the barrel she had them in!! They are gone again and I'm actually going out to the barn to see if i can find them. That's the best place for them but then they'll be wild out there if we keep them there.

Politics: i tried to call people that said they'd have signs in there yard. That was a bust!! People were rude, mean, etc saying I'm not sure why my wife said you could b/c i don't allow signs in my yard!! Or I don't know who your boss is but they are not informing you of how I feel. I fired myself after a couple calls like that. I have them all over our road out here and someone came and picked the rest up to try himself. I felt horrible that i couldn't be of more help but with the kids and DH busy it didn't leave me much time. Not to mention not having the best week myself, defeated is becoming a common feeling to me here lately.
This past weekend we went to my parents. Here is my dad and the kids walking to church:


I spent one AM organizing. I love to organize. But my attempts failed when i walked in to the toy room to this:

OK i think I've covered everything but the CCC drama that unfolded the other day. But I'm not ready to discuss that again b/c it'll just get me all worked up and I've all but moved on.
This picture below my readers, is how i feel most of the days!! Seriously tho i do smile. I am here b/c C'man had taken my camera to take a pic of the frog and fell. I couldn't get the camera to work. DH came home did something and it worked. He took this picture of me:)

And last but not least, I just downloaded pictures and apparently some little people had my camera b/c i found about a doz pictures of this:
This post took me forever!! Flatter me by leaving some comments!! My numbers are going up for number of hits so i know you're out there reading:) Humor me!! I need it remember:


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures that Cman took, "from the eyes of a 3 yr old"

I am eager to hear DH (email me why you call him that) POV on corn prices and food prices and ethanol and GAS!!!!

Can anyone explain? I really want to travel once I'm done in June! And not have to take out a loan to do so!