I stained the windows in our bedroom and the bathroom upstairs and then started this project. B/c it's been raining AGAIN I had to do something different. On Saturday I started this when the kids went down for naps. Well C'man decided he didn't want to nap so now i was doing this with his help. I tried endlessly to get him to watch a DVD but had no luck. So here are the pics and I'll describe after the pics:
This is what i did. I bought paintable wall paper. Here I am laying it out.
.jpg)
This is one of those lovely hold the camera yourself and take a pic. I'm trying to stretch my long ol' arms out to keep the paper from rolling up AND take a pic.
.jpg)
More of laying out of the paper
.jpg)
After 90 min i got the first strip up. Yeah that little piece under the window and then got the next piece ready under the first cabinet. I had to cut the stupid light switch out of the wall paper and it just took me forever. DH says 'measure twice cut once'. I said measure TWICE?? I measured at least 10 times!
.jpg)
I got creative with C'mans help by giving him a pizza dough roller. What a helper
.jpg)
Another 90 min later I was ready to start the next section. At this point i skipped over to this little piece next to the fridge (sorry no pic) thinking I'd better wait for DH to get home to hang the one from the window to the range. I was getting a little short b/c I couldn't get the pattern to line up.
Poor C'man. Mommy snapped at him and he pouted.Finally DH came home from work and i put him right to work. I was getting PO'd. This is the way it should be!! He's SO much better at this. I'm like you cut it, I'll hang it and paint it, etc. Just PLEASE don't make me cut it. I had this piece up that he's working on in this picture but it wasn't perfect so I took it down. Take 2 was DH doing the cutting.
.jpg)

I guess I don't have any pictures of it hung waiting to be painted. I must have been to annoyed. Well actually we finished hanging it yesterday and i don't think i could find my camera yesterday. So it got hung yesterday and today i painted it. B/c i was painting it such a bright color I had had some left over paint from my dining room that is a bright red. I put a little white in to the red and put that on first.
Here is the bright color. C's reaction was OH MY GOSH WHAT IS IT!! and Miss A said 'woooowwww' needless to say C'man wasn't loving the color. DH came home for lunch and was a little speechless when he first saw this color.
.jpg)
Let me just say it's great fun trying to paint with two little ones. Gosh darn what a project looking after them and painting. I'll spare you the details.
Drum roll please.......................
Before:
.jpg)
AFTER:
hmmm it's not showing really well is it. I may have to try and get another picture.There you have it. We still have two other areas we need to do. But it looks great!! Totally gives this area a new look!!
Project DYI by Rachel is completed. Now it's to bed and tomorrow it's time to get back to staining windows. Oh the kitchen window you see, it will get trimmed out one of these days!
Oh in addition to in b/w the painting i managed to scrub some walls and clean the doors. I'm going CRAZY cleaning things.





1 comment:
Well, I think you are hired!! Want to come here?
It looks interesting what you did, I'm there w/ you on hanging wallpaper.
I like all the updates on picts you have here.
Cman is so sweet!! what a big helper!!
Post a Comment