There are many things I don't blog about. Not b/c i don't want too, or feel I shouldn't, I just run out of time or something more precedent comes a long. One of those is that I have been in prayer about contacting C'mans BM (birth mom) MOM. Catch that all, i'll give you a moment to re-read that.
OK got it now? I email her b/c I do no have BM's email. This time of year always has me thinking back '3 years ago, or 5 years ago' that we were told we had been chosen. Then a few weeks later our first meeting with BM. Thru the years that has not changed. I talked to DH about what he thought about me emailing her mom about possibly wanting to see/meet C'man. He was always more then eager. I was the hesitant one. Not sure what can of worms I'd be opening. What would/could happen.
After much prayer about it I felt the Lord was laying in on my heart to go ahead and do it. It kept creeping back in to my heart and brain so I felt it was the Lord telling me to do it.
And do it is what I did. After weeks, months, heck even years, I emailed her specifically about seeing C'man. I requested that if BM is interested to have her please email me. That was last night I sent the email. And guess what!? this afternoon I got an email back. AND it was from BM herself!!
She briefed me on what her life has been like in the last 5 years. Lots of traveling, variety of jobs, and some hippie life styles:) Now her latest venture opening a restaurant in which she'd like us to come eat at:) She did say that while we are never forgotten she wants to pass on meeting. She said she wouldn't be able to do it w/o her mom being involved. She'd rather meet him w/o her mom as would we. She asked what we've been up too and I highlighted some things (school, Disney World, Ocean visits, me being a SAHM, chickens). She'd like to stay in touch, altho I'm sure it will be infrequent.
We have not had ANY contact with her since the day we left the hospital. IT was hard for ME to go from contact to NOTHING so I can't imagine what it was like for her.
I ended my email by telling her that I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. She will be thrilled to know that:) So yeah, we shall see where this goes. I do not plan on making it a regular occurrence of emailing. But glad to know I do have her email should something arise. And if she decides now is the time to see C'man, she can contact me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
WOW! a wise choice to leave out gma, and leave it up to BM. still WOW
oops, I reread and see that gma isn't involved. Oh well. Wise choice to say hi to BM and give her time to make up her mind. She's still spreading her wings.
Post a Comment