Thursday, November 13, 2008

While I Wait

Sorry no deep thought behind that title. Just waiting for my FIL to bring back my boy. C'man is hanging out with daddy and papa at the farm. One would not believe the love my FIL has for C'man and Miss A. It really moves me to tears to see this man who really didn't have a lot to do with his own kids, till they were old enough to work, enjoy our kids so much. Don't read to far in to that last statement. I know without a doubt he loves his boys, just was, still isn't, big in to the saying I love you, hugs, holding, etc. But if you saw C'man and Papa interact with one another you'd be amazed. I think one of the coolest things to date, that Papa and C'man did was this late Summer, early Fall, they put up a new fence together. I'm sure C'man told papa how to do it as I've been told in great depth how to build a fence by him. But i bet the dialogue was flowing b/w the two them at a very rapid and hilarious pace.
But i think back to what my FIL said. He remembers decades ago building that same fence with his father and now C'man helped him build the new one. They both are very proud of this tender moment they got to share. I can hear it in 10+ years' riding by that fence and saying 'remember when you helped papa build that fence?' Those are the kind of memories i want to create b/w my kids and there g'parents.
Oh and recently papa has started pulling on Miss A's hair, or when she has piggies in he gives them a whirl. All little actions he does to express his love for those kids. Miss A loves hanging out with papa too b/c he gives her whatever food she wants to keep her quite LOL.
Well since starting this Papa has dropped off a very crabby C'man. DH just came home as it has started to rain. Further delaying harvesting. VERY frustrating for the farmer.
So share your kids, or your own, relationship with G'parents! Any fond memories?

No comments: