OK I'll stop.......
So us, I have been a canning fool. Here's what it's been looking like here:
First the coveted apple tree:
.jpg)
Me picking the apples.
Good thing my mom doesn't read this, she'd freak out seeing this.
I had this long rod thing that i shook the branches with to make the apples fall. They were everywhere and not very easy to get to. I have SO many scratches everywhere. I tried to get C'man to help but that didn't last to long. It was much easier for him to crawl in there then me:.jpg)
Miss A isn't to much help. She'd rather sit in the van and watch DVD's. But they both like to help daddy in the tractor.
This really doesn't even show how many apples. There was 8 bags chucked full! Now the canning part. We made Applesauce. It worked out great b/c C'man liked to do this part:.jpg)
I HATE running the apples thru the food mill.
What a process. I had DH doing it last night. But here's the applesauce ready to be canned. I've done 3 pots of it so far:
I've also canned peaches, peach jam, pears and apple pie filling. Of which i made an apple pie last night, WITH a store bought crust. It was AWESOME! My hands are completely cut up and I'm really sick of apples, BUT i think I'm going to have to do some more apple pie filling!!
Other things, oh my van that i said had a little accident. Here it is:.jpg)
My dad backed in to it! I'll say no more.
Friday night was our schools Home Coming. The kids love parades so we like to hit this one. Always LOTS of candy that i end up tossing BACK to the kids on the floats:) C'man loved it as you can see .jpg)
.jpg)
Miss A preferred to stand behind Daddy's chair. .jpg)
The middle of the month we made it to the Clay County Fair.
I guess it's the largest county fair in the US!! It was kids day so they got to meet Clifford. There was a story too. They loved the story but not to sure of Clifford..jpg)
.jpg)
For me besides the food, the highlight was these geese. It's Santa with his 12 geese AND each one of them has some theme.
See the baby on the back?
one has a flask tied around it, another a binky, just HILARIOUS! I have a video I'll try and download. But what they did is they drank soda from a liter bottle! Each kid got to let them drink from it. It really was comical!
OK i have to wrap up this post. I have a purse party tonight and I'm excited about it. It's for one of my new friends i met thru MOPS. I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends and eating! I did have a purse party last Tuesday that went really well! I'll have a craft fair this weekend too. Business is picking up. As always, let me know if you are looking for a new purse or wallet. 20% discount if you mention your a blog reader:)





1 comment:
Hey, I'm hoping for some recipes!! Cute picts, all! We get Clifford here at the book fairs at schools...same response by the kids, just not sure....
Hey, could you also update my link to my blog....I've opened it up now.
Keep canning, fool :)
What's the Left Behind series...is that like Bush's No Child.., or a TV show...you mentioned it close to your politics...but I am being quite serious (remember, no cable TV!)
Post a Comment