Sunday, February 17, 2008

stranded

Hello!! I'm stranded in Eastern IA by a snow storm. It's simply NASTY out there. Although visibility has picked up, they still are advising no travel. I'm here with my parents, sister and C'man. I'm so glad Miss A isn't here as keeping her entertained here would be awful. The pool is over clorinated so you can hardly be in it. We are going to walk next door shortly for lunch. Dad is pacing and very ansty. He tried the roads out but said he couldn't tell if he was on the shoulder or road.

Maxine passed away 2AM saturday. Her last 24 hrs were not pleasant. She was in a lot of pain. We went to see her Friday night and said our good byes. Not responsive but she did moan when I sang. She also responded when I told her her cats are fat and happy. DH said his good byes too. We left him alone with her, he cried. So hard to see a grown man cry. But at least I know he has dealt with it. She is no longer here on earth but her legacy will live on forever.

ok must go. I'm using the hotel computer!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Drive safely and slowly!